Considering membership at Toberkeigh?
That is great! Below are a few primers that may help you may prepare for this important step in your Christian life.
Consider how you would answer the following questions.
- Have I responded to God’s call in the gospel?
- Do I believe the Bible to be God’s Word?
- Have I experienced conversion through repentance and faith?
- Am I justified and adopted by God?
- Do I love the God of the Bible and hunger to know him better?
- Do I love fellowshipping with God’s people?
- Do I make good use of my baptism?
- Has sanctification begun in my life?
- Is there evidence of the Holy Spirit at work in my life to which I can point?
- What motivates me to express love to God and neighbour?
Some areas to consider and reflect upon by way of preparation:
- The Church
- The Nature of the Church
- The Government of the Church
- The Primary Doctrine of the Church
- The Bible
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Blessings of Salvation
- The Sacraments of the Church
- The Lord’s Supper
- The Worship of the Church
- Reason for Worship
- Elements, Forms, Circumstances
- Presbyterian Liturgy
- Public, Private and Family Worship
- Church Membership
- Reasons for Church membership
- Requirements for Church membership
- Privileges of Communicant membership
- Duties of Communicant membership